3ds Max 2019 Book – Autodesk 3ds Max 2019: A Detailed Guide to Modeling, Texturing, Lighting, and Rendering
Book Code: PDX006P, ISBN: 978-1729406267
The Autodesk 3ds Max 2019: A Detailed Guide to Modeling, Texturing, Lighting, and Rendering book is perfect for both beginners and intermediate users of 3ds Max and for those moving from other software to 3ds Max. This brilliant guide takes you step-by-step through the whole process of modeling, texturing, UV mapping, lighting, and rendering. You will learn important concepts and techniques about 3ds Max which you can utilize to create your 3ds Max projects.
This book shares tips, tricks, notes, and cautions throughout, that will help you become a better 3ds Max artist and you will be able to speed up your workflow. This book is aimed to be a solid teaching resource for learning 3ds Max. It avoids any jargon and explains concepts and techniques in an easy-to-understand manner. The first page of the every unit summarizes the topics that will be covered in the unit. Hands-on exercises in this book instruct users how things can be done in 3ds Max step-by-step.
Practicing is one of the best ways to improve skills. This book contains practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete and gain confidence for real-world projects. By completing these activities, you will be able to master the powerful capabilities of 3ds Max. By the time you’re done, you’ll be ready to create your own projects using 3ds Max. The rich companion website PADEXI Academy (www.padexi.academy) contains additional resources that will help you quickly master 3ds Max.
What are the key features of the book?
- Learn 3ds Max’s updated user interface, navigation, tools, functions, and commands.
- Polygon, subdivision, and spline modeling techniques explained.
- All modifiers explained.
- Standard materials and lights explained.
- Arnold lights, shaders, and rendering techniques explained.
- Detailed coverage of tools and features.
- Contains 75 hands-on exercises.
- Contains practice activities to test the knowledge gained.
- Additional guidance is provided in form of tips, notes, and cautions.
- Important terms are in bold face so that you never miss them.
- The content under “What just happened?” heading explains the working of the instructions.
- The content under “What next?” heading tells you about the procedure you will follow after completing a step(s).
- Includes an ePub file that contains the color images of the screenshots/illustrations used in the textbook. These color images will help you in the learning process. This ePub file is included with the resources.
- Tech support from the author.
- Access to each exercise’s initial and final states along with the resources used in hands-on exercises.
- Quiz to assess the knowledge.
- Bonus hands-on exercises.
Who this book is for?
This book is designed for beginners and intermediate users of 3ds Max 2019.
What are the prerequisites?
Before jumping into the lessons of this book, make sure you have working knowledge of your computer and its operating system. Also, make sure that your that you have installed the required software and hardware. You need to install 3ds Max 2019 on your system. Most of the hands-on exercises will work in 2017 and 2018 versions as well.
How this book is structured?
This book is divided into following units:
Unit M1: Introduction to 3ds Max -I, introduces the 3ds Max interface as well as the tools that allow you to transform objects in the viewport.
Unit M2: Introduction to 3ds Max -II, covers the tools and procedures that will help you immensely during the modeling process. You will know about various explorers as well as various precision tools that 3ds Max offers.
Unit M3: Geometric Primitives and Architectural Objects, explains Standard and Extended primitives and how you can use them to create some basic models. This unit also covers the AEC objects.
Unit M4: Polygon Modeling, introduces you to the polygon modeling tools, concepts, and techniques. This unit talks about polygons components, selection tools, polygons structure tools, and modeling objects.
Unit M5: Graphite Modeling Tools, describes the tools available in the Ribbon interface and how you can use them to improve your modeling workflow.
Unit M6: Spline Modeling, introduces you to the spline modeling tools, concepts, and techniques.
Unit M7: Modifiers, walks you through the various modifiers available in 3ds Max that you can use to sculpt or edit the objects without changing its base structure.
Unit BM: Bonus Hands-on Exercises [Modeling], contains bonus hands-on exercises.
Unit PM: Practice Activities [Modeling], contains practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete.
Unit T1: Material Editors, introduces you to Compact Material Editor and Slate Material Editor.
Unit T2: Standard Materials and Maps, explains the General/Scanline materials and maps.
Unit T3: Physical and Autodesk Materials, covers the Physical material and Autodesk materials.
Unit BT: Bonus Hands-on Exercises [Texturing], contains bonus hands-on exercises.
Unit L1: Standard Lighting, introduces you to the standard lighting available in 3ds Max. You will know about basic lighting concepts and light linking.
Unit L2: Photometric Lights, describes about photometric lights that 3ds Max offers.
Unit L3: Sunlight and Daylight Systems, covers the Sunlight and Daylight systems, Sun Positioner and Physical Sky.
Unit A1: Introduction to Arnold, introduces you to the Arnold renderer. You will also learn about the sampling and ray depth settings.
Unit A2: Arnold Lights, introduces you to Arnold Lights, Light Filters, Fog Shader, and Atmospheric Volume shader.
Unit A3: Arnold Shaders and Materials, explains Arnold materials and shaders.
Unit PA: Practice Activities [Arnold], contains practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete.
Appendix AM: Quiz Answers [Modeling], contains quiz answers.
Appendix AT: Quiz Answers [Texturing], contains quiz answers.
Appendix AL: Quiz Answers [Lighting], contains quiz answers.
Appendix AA: Quiz Answers [Arnold], contains quiz answers.
Is the book available in other languages?
Not yet, if you are interested in translating this book, contact us.
Is this book is available in the print format?
Yes, this book is available in the print format. Click here for details.
Can I reuse the 3ds Max files provided by you?
Absolutely, you are free to modify and use the files.
Are you going to make the book available in any other format?
It was always our plan to make a decent content of the book publicly available in HTML format, but we haven’t made that decision yet. If you feel strongly about this option, or book being available in any other format, let us know.
Why buy directly from us?
If you buy directly from us, you will get the following benefits:
- You will be able to download as many copies of the book as you want in the EPUB, MOBI, and AZW3 formats. This gives you liberty to read the eBook on your computer, phone, tablet, or on the Kindle device.
- No DRM used.
- You will get an update when authors fix any minor or major issue in the book at any point in time.
- You will always have access to the latest updated which is not possible with the printed book.
- Technical support directly from author.
- All updated resources available with few clicks.
- The online selling platforms take a big chunk of money of the list price. Therefore, if you buy directly from us, it will encourage us to write more quality books.
What is your return policy?
No returns are allowed, keep in mind that we don’t get book [No DRM used] back from you after returning your money. It’s a bit leap of faith on your part, buying the book with the hope/assumption that it will be worth. If you are still unsure and skeptical, and ready to sacrifice the benefits you will get by buying directly from us then we encourage you to buy it from Amazon or any other platform.
Still have questions?
No problem, contact us, we are more than ready to provide answers to your questions.
Click here to know about offer codes.