3ds Max Book: Exploring 3D Modeling with 3ds Max 2019 – A Beginner’s Guide
Book Code: PDX007P, ISBN: 978-1723745447
The Exploring 3D Modeling with 3ds Max 2019: A Beginner’s Guide textbook walks you through every step of creating 3D models with 3ds Max 2019. This guide is perfect for both novices and those moving from other software to 3ds Max. This book will help you to get started with modeling in 3ds Max, you will learn important concepts and techniques about 3D modeling which you can utilize to create hard-surfaced objects for your projects. This book shares tips, tricks, notes, and cautions throughout, which will help you become a better 3D modeler and you will be able to speed up your workflow.
The first page of every chapter summarizes the topics that will be covered in the chapter. Every chapter of this textbook contains hands-on exercises which instruct users how things can be done in 3ds Max step-by-step.
Although, this book is designed for beginners, it is aimed to be a solid teaching resource for 3D modeling. It avoids any jargon and explains concepts and techniques in an easy-to-understand manner.
What are the key features of the book?
- Learn 3ds Max’s updated user interface, navigation, tools, functions, and commands.
- Polygon, subdivision, and spline modeling techniques covered.
- Detailed coverage of tools and features.
- All modifiers covered.
- Contains 35 hands-on exercises.
- Contains 8 practice activities to test the knowledge gained.
- Additional guidance is provided in form of tips, notes, and cautions.
- Important terms are in boldface so that you never miss them.
- The content under “What just happened?” heading explains the working of the instructions.
- The content under “What next?” heading tells you about the procedure you will follow after completing a step(s).
- Includes an ePub file that contains the color images of the screenshots/illustrations used in the textbook. These color images will help you in the learning process. This ePub file is included with the resources.
- Tech support from the author.
- Access to each exercise’s initial and final states along with the resources used in the hands-on exercises.
- Quiz to assess knowledge.
- Bonus hands-on exercises.
Who this book is for?
This book is designed for beginners.
What are the prerequisites?
Before jumping into the lessons of this book, make sure you have a working knowledge of your computer and its operating system. Also, make sure that you have installed the required software and hardware. You need to install 3ds Max 2019 on your system. Most of the hands-on exercises will work in the 2017 and 2018 versions as well.
How This Book Is Structured?
This book is divided into following units:
Unit M1: Introduction to 3ds Max -I, introduces the 3ds Max interface as well as the tools that allow you to transform objects in the viewport.
Unit M2: Introduction to 3ds Max -II, covers the tools and procedures that will help you immensely during the modeling process. You will know about various explorers as well as various precision tools that 3ds Max offers.
Unit M3: Geometric Primitives and Architectural Objects, explains Standard and Extended primitives and how you can use them to create some basic models. This unit also covers the AEC objects.
Unit M4: Polygon Modeling, introduces you to the polygon modeling tools, concepts, and techniques. This chapter talks about polygons components, selection tools, polygons structure tools, and modeling objects.
Unit M5: Graphite Modeling Tools, describes the tools available in the Ribbon interface and how you can use them to improve your modeling workflow.
Unit M6: Spline Modeling, introduces you to the spline modeling tools, concepts, and techniques.
Unit M7: Modifiers, walks you through the various modifiers available in 3ds Max that you can use to sculpt or edit the objects without changing its base structure.
Unit MB: Bonus Hands-on Exercises [Modeling], contains bonus hands-on exercises.
Unit MP: Practice Activities [Modeling], contains some practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete.
Appendix MA: Quiz Answers [Modeling], contains quiz answers.
Is the book available in other languages?
Not yet, if you are interested in translating this book, contact us.
Is this book is available in the print format?
Yes, this book is available in the print format. Click here for details.
Can I reuse the 3ds Max files provided by you?
Absolutely, you are free to modify and use the files.
Are you going to make the book available in any other format?
It was always our plan to make a decent content of the book publicly available in HTML format, but we haven’t made that decision yet. If you feel strongly about this option, or book being available in any other format, let us know.
Why buy directly from us?
If you buy directly from us, you will get the following benefits:
- You will be able to download as many copies of the book as you want in the EPUB, MOBI, and AZW3 formats. This gives you the liberty to read the eBook on your computer, phone, tablet, or on the Kindle device.
- No DRM is used.
- You will get an update when authors fix any minor or major issue in the book at any point in time.
- You will always have access to the latest updated which is not possible with the printed book.
- Technical support directly from the author.
- All updated resources available with few clicks.
- The online selling platforms take a big chunk of money of the list price. Therefore, if you buy directly from us, it will encourage us to write more quality books.
What is your return policy?
No returns are allowed, keep in mind that we don’t book [No DRM used] back from you after returning your money. It’s a bit leap of faith on your part, buying the book with the hope/assumption that it will be worth. If you are still unsure and skeptical, and ready to sacrifice the benefits you will get by buying directly from us then we encourage you to buy it from Amazon or any other platform.
Still have questions?
No problem, contact us, we are more than ready to provide answers to your questions.
Resources Used in the Book
We sell our books using multiple platforms. Don’t you have access to the resources/electronic files? Click here and submit your request.
Click here to know about offer codes.