Cinema 4D Book – MAXON Cinema 4D R20: A Detailed Guide to XPresso
Book Code: PDX012P, ISBN: 978-1792721687
XPresso is a node based system in Cinema 4D that is used to create automated object interactions. You can create these interactions by drawing wires from one node to another. From rotating fan blades to rigged objects, from propellers to the bouncing ball, from clock mechanism to organic movement of a jellyfish, XPresso allows you to create animations with ease.
The MAXON Cinema 4D R20: A Detailed Guide to XPresso book introduces students to the XPresso module of the Cinema 4D which is a node-based visual scripting language. This book covers XPresso Editor and different nodes of the XPresso and MoGraph classes and takes you step-by-step through the whole process of building node networks in XPresso Editor. Numerous examples and hands-on exercises are used to show the functioning of the nodes. Moving ahead, this book broadens your XPresso knowledge by taking you step-by-step through the process of creating four Cinema 4D lighting presets. You can use these presets to quickly and easily illuminate the scenes and produce cool looking renders.
Practicing is one of the best ways to improve skills. This book contains practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete and gain confidence for real-world projects. By completing these activities, you will be able to master the powerful capabilities Cinema 4D. By the time you’re done, you’ll be ready to create hard-surface models in Cinema 4D.
If you buy this book, you’ll also get access to all preset files, Cinema 4D files, texture files, and any other resource used in the book. You are free to use these resources in your own projects personal or commercial. These working files allow you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
This book shares tips, tricks, notes, and cautions throughout, that will help you become a better 3D artist and you will be able to speed up your workflow. This book is aimed to be a solid teaching resource for learning XPresso module with Cinema 4D R20. It avoids any jargon and explains concepts and techniques in an easy-to-understand manner. The first page of the every unit summarizes the topics that will be covered in the unit. Hands-on exercises in this book instruct users how things can be done in XPresso step-by-step. As students move from one exercise to another, they will be gaining robust knowledge about the XPresso module of Cinema 4D.
Note: The kindle edition of this book is part of the kindlematchbook program. If you buy a new print edition of this book [or purchased one in the past], you can buy the Kindle Edition for FREE. Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. If you don’t own a Kindle device, you can read the kindle edition with a free Kindle reading app. Visit https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/fd/kcp for more information.
What are the key features of the book?
- Explains XPresso Editor and node-based approach.
- Covers nodes of the XPresso and MoGraph classes.
- Step-by-step instructions to create four lighting presets from scratch.
- Covers nodes and features in detail.
- Features 30 examples showing functioning of the nodes.
- Features more than 18 hands-on exercises – complete with before and after files.
- Contains 10 practice activities to test the knowledge gained.
- Additional guidance is provided in the form of tips, notes, and cautions.
- Important terms are in bold face so that you never miss them.
- The content under “What just happened?” heading explains the working of the instructions.
- The content under “What next?” heading tells you about the procedure you will follow after completing a step(s).
- Includes an ePub file that contains the color images of the screenshots/illustrations used in the textbook. These color images will help you in the learning process. This ePub file is included with the resources.
- Tech support from the author.
- Access to each exercise’s initial and final states along with the resources used in hands-on exercises.
- Quiz to assess the knowledge.
Who this book is for?
- Beginners and intermediate users of Cinema 4D
- Digital artists
- Motion graphics artists
- Indie game developers
- And anyone who wants to learn Cinema 4D
What are the prerequisites?
- Before you start this book, you should have Cinema 4D Studio R20 installed on your system. However, most of the examples and exercises will work in R18 and R19 as well.
- You should also have the basic knowledge of Cinema 4D.
- You should have the desire to learn.
- Willingness to be awesome.
What you will learn?
- Understand the node based approach of XPresso Editor
- Link objects using parameters
- Create user defined sliders
- Create XPressions using the Driver/Driven feature
- Work with the XPresso class nodes
- Work with the MoGraph class nodes
- Create your own light presets
- Create and use the preset library
- Use these presets in real-world projects
- Speedup your workflow
- Create cool looking renders
How this book is structured?
This book is divided into following units:
Unit CX1: XPresso Editor, introduces you XPresso Editor and node-based workflow. You will learn how to link properties and parameters, how to create user defined sliders, and how to creates XPressions using the Set Driven concept.
Unit CX2: XPresso Nodes, introduces you to the nodes of the XPresso and MoGraph classes with help of the numerous examples and hands-on exercises.
Unit CX3: Creating XPresso Presets, introduces you to preset creation process using XPresso. You will create four lighting presets and then learn to use them in real-world projects.
Unit CXB: Bonus Hands-on Exercises, contains bonus hands-on exercises.
Unit CXP: Practice Activities, contains practice activities which you are highly
Unit CXA: Quiz Answers, contains quiz answers.
Is the book available in other languages?
Not yet, if you are interested in translating this book, contact us.
Is this book is available in the print format?
This book is only available in the print format. Click here for more details.
Can I reuse the Cinema 4D files provided by you?
Absolutely, you are free to modify and use the files.
Are you going to make the book available in any other format?
It was always our plan to make a decent content of the book publicly available in HTML format, but we haven’t made that decision yet. If you feel strongly about this option, or book being available in any other format, let us know.
Why buy directly from us?
If you buy directly from us, you will get the following benefits:
- You will be able to download as many copies of the book as you want in the EPUB, MOBI, and AZW3 formats. This gives you liberty to read the eBook on your computer, phone, tablet, or on the Kindle device.
- No DRM used.
- You will get an update when authors fix any minor or major issue in the book at any point in time.
- You will always have access to the latest updated which is not possible with the printed book.
- Technical support directly from author.
- All updated resources available with few clicks.
- The online selling platforms take a big chunk of money of the list price. Therefore, if you buy directly from us, it will encourage us to write more quality books.
What is your return policy?
No returns are allowed, keep in mind that we don’t get book [No DRM used] back from you after returning your money. It’s a bit leap of faith on your part, buying the book with the hope/assumption that it will be worth. If you are still unsure and skeptical, and ready to sacrifice the benefits you will get by buying directly from us then we encourage you to buy it from Amazon or any other platform.
Still have questions?
No problem, contact us, we are more than ready to provide answers to your questions.
Click here to know about offer codes.