The MAXON Cinema 4D R20: Modeling Essentials textbook walks you through every step of creating 3D models with Cinema 4D R20. This guide is perfect for both novices and those moving from other software to Cinema 4D. This book will help you to get started with modeling in Cinema 4D, you will learn important concepts and techniques about 3D modeling which you can utilize to create hard-surfaced objects for your projects. This book also covers Cinema 4D’s OpenVDB-based Volume Builder and Volume Mesher functions that allow you to create complex models by adding and subtracting basic shapes in boolean-type operations.
Book Code: PDX010P, ISBN: 978-1791795481
This book shares tips, tricks, notes, and cautions throughout, that will help you become a better Cinema 4D artist and you will be able to speed up your workflow. This book is aimed to be a solid teaching resource for learning modeling with Cinema 4D R20. It avoids any jargon and explains concepts and techniques in an easy-to-understand manner. The first page of every unit summarizes the topics that will be covered in the unit. Hands-on exercises in this book instruct users how things can be done in Cinema 4D R20 step-by-step
Practicing is one of the best ways to improve skills. This book contains practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete and gain confidence for real-world projects. By completing these activities, you will be able to master the powerful capabilities of Cinema 4D. By the time you’re done, you’ll be ready to create hard-surface models in Cinema 4D.
What are the key features of the MAXON Cinema 4D R20: Modeling Essentials book?
- Learn Cinema 4D’s updated user interface, navigation, tools, functions, and commands.
- Covers all the basics as well as advanced topics using easy to follow, hands-on exercises.
- Covers polygon, subdivision, and spline modeling techniques.
- Covers volumetric modeling techniques.
- Detailed coverage of tools and features.
- Features more than 29 hands-on exercises – complete with before and after files.
- Contains 25 practice activities to test the knowledge gained.
- Additional guidance is provided in the form of tips, notes, and cautions.
- Important terms are in boldface so that you never miss them.
- The content under “What just happened?” heading explains the working of the instructions.
- The content under “What next?” heading tells you about the procedure you will follow after completing a step(s).
- Includes an ePub file that contains the color images of the screenshots/illustrations used in the textbook. These color images will help you in the learning process. This ePub file is included with the resources.
- Tech support from the author.
- Access to each exercise’s initial and final states along with the resources used in hands-on exercises.
- Quiz to assess knowledge.
Who this book is for?
This book is designed for beginners.
What are the prerequisites?
Before jumping into the units of this book, make sure you have working knowledge of your computer and its operating system. Also, make sure that your that you have installed the required software and hardware. You need to install Cinema 4D R20 Studio on your system.
How the MAXON Cinema 4D R20: Modeling Essentials book is structured?
This book is divided into following units:
Unit CM1: Introduction to Cinema 4D R20, introduces you to Cinema 4D interface and primitive objects available in the Object command group. You will learn about Cinema 4D unit system, coordinate system, interface elements, and how to customize the interface. You will also create models using primitives.
Unit CM2: Tools of the Trade, walks you through some of the important tools that you will use in the modeling process. These tools are used to create guides in the editor view, interactively placing lights and adjusting their attributes in the scene, measure angles and distances, arrange/duplicate/randomize objects, correct lens distortions, and create virtual walkthroughs.
Unit CM3: Spline Modeling, introduces you to the spline modeling tools, concept, and techniques.
Unit CM4: Polygon Modeling, introduces you to the polygon modeling tools, concepts, and techniques. This unit talks about polygons components, selection tools, polygons structure tools, modeling objects, and deformers.
Unit CMB: Bonus Hands-on Exercises, contains bonus hands-on exercises.
Unit CMP: Practice Activities [Modeling], contains practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete.
Unit CV1: Volumes – I, covers the Volume Builder and Volume Mesher functions. You will learn how to quickly create 3D models with ease using boolean operations with voxels.
Unit CV2: Volumes – II, covers volume filters, volume group, and the Volume Loader object.
Unit CVP: Practice Activities [Volumes], contains practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete.
Unit CMA: Appendix – Quiz Answers [Modeling], contains quiz answers.
Unit CVA: Appendix – Quiz Answers [Volumes], contains quiz answers.
Is the book available in other languages?
Not yet, if you are interested in translating this book, contact us.
Is this book is available in the digital format?
Yes, see “Purchase Options” at the end of this page.
Can I reuse the Cinema 4D files provided by you?
Absolutely, you are free to modify and use the files.
Are you going to make the MAXON Cinema 4D R20: Modeling Essentials book available in any other format?
It was always our plan to make a decent content of the book publicly available in HTML format, but we haven’t made that decision yet. If you feel strongly about this option, or book being available in any other format, let us know.
Still have questions?
No problem, contact us, we are more than ready to provide answers to your questions.
Resources Used in the Book
We sell our books using multiple platforms. Don’t you have access to the resources/electronic files? Click here and submit your request.
- Individual Orders
- College Bookstores: Contact us directly and get up to a 30% discount on bulk orders.
- High Schools: High schools can now purchase textbooks directly from Padexi Academy by contacting us.
- Students: Our textbooks for course use are generally available through your college bookstore.