The Autodesk 3ds Max 2021: A Detailed Guide to Arnold Renderer, 3rd Edition book walks you through every step of rendering projects using Arnold for 3ds Max. This comprehensive guide caters to the novices and intermediate users of Arnold for 3ds Max. This book will help you to get started with Arnold, you will learn important concepts and techniques about rendering which you can utilize to create high quality renders.
Book Code: PDX019P, ISBN: 979-8655899797
Using a structured and pragmatic approach this guide begins with the basics of Arnold, then builds on this knowledge using practical examples to enhance your skills. Each unit builds on the knowledge gained in the previous unit, showing you all the essentials of rendering with Arnold for 3ds Max, from sampling and ray depth, to shaders, maps, camera effects, and AOVs.
As you go from hands-on exercise to hands-on exercise, you’ll develop a strong arsenal of skills that combined will form a complete end to end process to create high quality renders using Arnold for 3ds Max.
This book shares tips, tricks, notes, and cautions throughout, which will help you become a better 3ds Max rendering artist and you will be able to speed up your workflow. This book is aimed to be a solid teaching resource for learning Arnold for 3ds Max. It avoids any jargon and explains concepts and techniques in an easy-to-understand manner. The first page of every unit summarizes the topics that will be covered in the unit. Hands-on exercises in this book instruct users how things can be done in Arnold for 3ds Max step-by-step.
Practicing is one of the best ways to improve skills. This book contains practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete and gain confidence for real-world projects. By completing these activities, you will be able to master the powerful capabilities of Arnold. By the time you’re done, you’ll be ready to render any scene in 3ds Max using the Arnold renderer.
What are the key features of the Autodesk 3ds Max 2021: A Detailed Guide to Arnold Renderer book?
- A comprehensive guide to learning and using Arnold for 3ds Max.
- Covers all the basics as well as advanced topics using easy to follow, hands-on exercises.
- Covers material editors.
- Explains what is Arnold and how it is different from other renderers.
- Covers Arnold lights and light filters.
- Covers Arnold shaders, materials, and maps.
- Covers the motion blur and depth-of-field effects.
- Covers AOVs and Arnold render settings.
- Cover the Physical material.
- Detailed coverage of nodes and features.
- Features more than 23 hands-on exercises – complete with before and after files.
- Contains practice activities to test the knowledge gained.
- Additional guidance is provided in the form of tips, notes, and cautions.
- Important terms are in boldface so that you never miss them.
- The content under the “What just happened?” heading explains the working of the instructions.
- The content under the “What next?” heading tells you about the procedure you will follow after completing a step(s).
- Tech support from the author.
- Access to each exercise’s initial and final states along with the resources used in hands-on exercises.
- Quiz to assess knowledge.
- Includes a PDF file that contains the color images of the screenshots/illustrations used in the textbook. These color images will help you in the learning process. This PDF file is included with the resources.
Who this book is for?
- Beginners and intermediate users of 3ds Max
- Rendering artists
- Motion graphics artists
- Indie game developers
- And anyone who wants to learn 3ds Max
What are the prerequisites?
- Decent familiarity with computers
- Before you start this book, you should have 3ds Max 2021 installed on your system
- You should have the desire to learn
- Willingness to be awesome
What you will learn?
- Create shading networks using Arnold shaders and maps
- Work with Arnold lights
- Create the motion blur and depth-of-field effects
- Render AOVs
- Create cool looking renders using Arnold
How The Autodesk 3ds Max 2021: A Detailed Guide to Arnold Renderer book is structured?
This book is divided into the following units:
Unit 1: Material Editors, introduces you to Compact Material Editor and Slate Material Editor.
Unit 2: Physical Material, covers the Physical material and its usage.
Unit 3: Introduction to Arnold, introduces you to the Arnold renderer. You will also learn about the sampling and ray depth settings.
Unit 4: Arnold Lights, introduces you to Arnold lights, light filters, Fog shader, and Atmospheric Volume shader. You will learn about volumetric effects in Arnold.
Unit 5: Arnold Shaders and Materials, explains Arnold materials and shaders.
Unit 6: Arnold Maps, explains the Bump, Color, Conversion, Environment, Math, Shading State, Surface, Texture, User Data, Utility, Volume, and Cryptomatte maps.
Unit 7: Cameras, explains the motion blur and depth-of-field camera effects.
Unit 8: Arnold Render Settings, introduces you to the AOVs in Arnold. You will also learn to create custom AOVs using the AOV write nodes.
Is the book available in other languages?
Not yet, if you are interested in translating this book, contact us.
Is this book is available in the digital format?
Yes, see “Purchase Options” at the end of this page.
Can I reuse the 3ds Max files provided by you?
Absolutely, you are free to modify and use the files.
Are you going to make the Autodesk 3ds Max 2021: A Detailed Guide to Arnold renderer book available in any other format?
It was always our plan to make a decent content of the book publicly available in HTML format, but we haven’t made that decision yet. If you feel strongly about this option, or book being available in any other format, let us know.
Still have questions?
No problem, contact us, we are more than ready to provide answers to your questions.
- Individual Orders
- College Bookstores: Contact us directly and get up to a 30% discount on bulk orders.
- High Schools: High schools can now purchase textbooks directly from Padexi Academy by contacting us.
- Students: Our textbooks for course use are generally available through your college bookstore.