The MAXON Cinema 4D R20: A Detailed Guide to XPresso book introduces students to the XPresso module of the Cinema 4D which is a node-based visual scripting language. This book covers XPresso Editor and different nodes of the XPresso and MoGraph classes and takes you step-by-step through the whole process of building node networks in XPresso Editor. Numerous examples and hands-on exercises are used to show the functioning of the nodes. Moving ahead, this book broadens your XPresso knowledge by taking you step-by-step through the process of creating four Cinema 4D lighting presets. You can use these presets to quickly and easily illuminate the scenes and produce cool-looking renders.
Book Code: PDX012P, ISBN: 978-1792721687
Practicing is one of the best ways to improve skills. This book contains practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete and gain confidence for real-world projects. By completing these activities, you will be able to master the powerful capabilities of Cinema 4D. By the time you’re done, you’ll be ready to create hard-surface models in Cinema 4D.
If you buy this book, you’ll also get access to all preset files, Cinema 4D files, texture files, and any other resource used in the book. You are free to use these resources in your own projects personal or commercial. These working files allow you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
This book shares tips, tricks, notes, and cautions throughout, that will help you become a better 3D artist and you will be able to speed up your workflow. This book is aimed to be a solid teaching resource for learning the XPresso module with Cinema 4D R20. It avoids any jargon and explains concepts and techniques in an easy-to-understand manner. The first page of every unit summarizes the topics that will be covered in the unit. Hands-on exercises in this book instruct users how things can be done in XPresso step-by-step. As students move from one exercise to another, they will be gaining robust knowledge about the XPresso module of Cinema 4D.
Note: The kindle edition of this book is part of the kindlematchbook program. If you buy a new print edition of this book [or purchased one in the past], you can buy the Kindle Edition for FREE. Print edition purchases must be sold by Amazon. If you don’t own a Kindle device, you can read the kindle edition with a free Kindle reading app. Visit https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/fd/kcp for more information.
What are the key features of the MAXON Cinema 4D R20: A Detailed Guide to XPresso book?
- Explains XPresso Editor and node-based approach.
- Covers nodes of the XPresso and MoGraph classes.
- Step-by-step instructions to create four lightings presets from scratch.
- Covers nodes and features in detail.
- Features 30 examples showing the functioning of the nodes.
- Features more than 18 hands-on exercises – complete with before and after files.
- Contains 10 practice activities to test the knowledge gained.
- Additional guidance is provided in the form of tips, notes, and cautions.
- Important terms are in boldface so that you never miss them.
- The content under “What just happened?” heading explains the working of the instructions.
- The content under “What next?” heading tells you about the procedure you will follow after completing a step(s).
- Includes an ePub file that contains the color images of the screenshots/illustrations used in the textbook. These color images will help you in the learning process. This ePub file is included with the resources.
- Tech support from the author.
- Access to each exercise’s initial and final states along with the resources used in hands-on exercises.
- Quiz to assess knowledge.
Who this book is for?
- Beginners and intermediate users of Cinema 4D
- Digital artists
- Motion graphics artists
- Indie game developers
- And anyone who wants to learn Cinema 4D
What are the prerequisites?
- Before you start this book, you should have Cinema 4D Studio R20 installed on your system. However, most of the examples and exercises will work in R18 and R19 as well.
- You should also have the basic knowledge of Cinema 4D.
- You should have the desire to learn.
- Willingness to be awesome.
What you will learn?
- Understand the node-based approach of XPresso Editor
- Link objects using parameters
- Create user-defined sliders
- Create XPressions using the Driver/Driven feature
- Work with the XPresso class nodes
- Work with the MoGraph class nodes
- Create your own light presets
- Create and use the preset library
- Use these presets in real-world projects
- Speed up your workflow
- Create cool looking renders
How the MAXON Cinema 4D R20: A Detailed Guide to XPresso book is structured?
This book is divided into following units:
Unit CX1: XPresso Editor, introduces you XPresso Editor and node-based workflow. You will learn how to link properties and parameters, how to create user defined sliders, and how to creates XPressions using the Set Driven concept.
Unit CX2: XPresso Nodes, introduces you to the nodes of the XPresso and MoGraph classes with help of the numerous examples and hands-on exercises.
Unit CX3: Creating XPresso Presets, introduces you to preset creation process using XPresso. You will create four lighting presets and then learn to use them in real-world projects.
Unit CXB: Bonus Hands-on Exercises, contains bonus hands-on exercises.
Unit CXP: Practice Activities, contains practice activities which you are highly
Unit CXA: Quiz Answers, contains quiz answers.
Is the book available in other languages?
Not yet, if you are interested in translating this book, contact us.
Is this book is available in the digital format?
This book is available in the digital format. Click here for more details.
Can I reuse the Cinema 4D files provided by you?
Absolutely, you are free to modify and use the files.
Are you going to make the MAXON Cinema 4D R20: A Detailed Guide to XPresso book available in any other format?
It was always our plan to make a decent content of the book publicly available in HTML format, but we haven’t made that decision yet. If you feel strongly about this option, or book being available in any other format, let us know.
Still have questions?
No problem, contact us, we are more than ready to provide answers to your questions.