The MAXON Cinema 4D R20: A Detailed Guide to Texturing, Lighting, and Rendering book walks you through every step of texturing, lighting, and rendering projects in Cinema 4D. This comprehensive guide caters to the novices and intermediate users of Cinema 4D. This book will help you to get started with texturing, lighting, and rendering in Cinema 4D, you will learn important concepts and techniques about rendering which you can utilize to create high quality renders.
Book Code: PDX013P, ISBN: 978-1091454798
Using a structured and pragmatic approach, this guide begins with the basics of rendering, then builds on this knowledge using practical examples to enhance your texturing and lighting skills. Each unit builds on the knowledge gained in the previous unit, showing you all the essentials of rendering with Cinema 4D, from sampling to shaders, maps, camera effects, post effects, and lights. As you go from hands-on exercise to hands-on exercise, you’ll develop a strong arsenal of skills that combined will form a complete end to end process to creating high quality renders using the Standard, Physical, and OpenGL renderers. You will also learn about the new node-based material system in Cinema 4D.
This book shares tips, tricks, notes, and cautions throughout, that will help you become a better Cinema 4D rendering artist and you will be able to speed up your workflow. This book is aimed to be a solid teaching resource for learning rendering in Cinema 4D. It avoids any jargon and explains concepts and techniques in an easy-to-understand manner. The first page of the every unit summarizes the topics that will be covered in the unit. Hands-on exercises in this book instruct users how things can be done in Cinema 4D step-by-step. By the time you’re done, you’ll be ready to illuminate and render any scene in Cinema 4D.
If you buy this book, you’ll also get access to all preset files, Cinema 4D files, texture files, and any other resource used in the book. You are free to use these resources in your own projects personal or commercial. These working files allow you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
What are the key features of the MAXON Cinema 4D R20: A Detailed Guide to Texturing, Lighting, and Rendering book?
- Explains Standard renderer and render settings.
- Explains global illumination, ambient occlusion, color mapping, and other effects.
- Covers the process of rendering flicker-free animation.
- Explains the Physical, Hardware OpenGL, and Software OpenGL renderers.
- Explains the depth-of-field and motion blur effects.
- Explains the dynamic depth-of-field effect using the Depth pass.
- Covers process of illuminating a scene using only polygon lights.
- Covers Cinema 4D lights.
- Covers product visualization and interior rendering techniques.
- Covers UV mapping.
- Covers the Material Manager, the Material Editor, material presets, channels, and the reflectance model.
- Covers the Node Editor and nodes in detail.
- Explains the process of creating various materials.
- Features 44 hands-on exercises – complete with before and after files.
- Additional guidance is provided in the form of tips, notes, and cautions.
- Important terms are in boldface so that you never miss them.
- The content under “What just happened?” heading explains the working of the instructions.
- The content under “What next?” heading tells you about the procedure you will follow after completing a step(s).
- Includes an ePub file that contains the color images of the screenshots/illustrations used in the textbook. These color images will help you in the learning process. This ePub file is included with the resources.
- Tech support from the author.
- Access to each exercise’s initial and final states along with the resources used in hands-on exercises.
- Quiz to assess knowledge.
Who this book is for?
- Beginners and intermediate users of Cinema 4D
- Digital artists
- Motion graphics artists
- Indie game developers
- And anyone who wants to learn Cinema 4D
What are the prerequisites?
- Before you start this book, you should have Cinema 4D Studio R20 installed on your system.
- You should also have the basic knowledge of Cinema 4D.
- You should have the desire to learn.
- Willingness to be awesome.
What you will learn?
- Use various renderers available in Cinema 4D.
- Work with post effects such as global illumination, ambient occlusion, and so on.
- Illuminate and render any scene in Cinema 4D.
- Create the depth-of-field and motion blur effects.
- Use the new node-based material system and various nodes.
- Speedup your workflow.
- Create cool looking renders.
How the MAXON Cinema 4D R20: A Detailed Guide to Texturing, Lighting, and Rendering book is structured?
This book is divided into following units:
Unit CR1: Standard Render, introduces you to Standard renderer and its settings. You will also learn about various post effects such as global illumination, ambient occlusion, and so on. In addition, you will learn how to create a dynamic depth-of-field effect.
Unit CR2: Other Renderers, introduces you to the Physical, Hardware OpenGL, and Software OpenGL renderers. You will also learn how to create depth-of-field and motion blur effects. Moreover, this unit covers the process of illuminating a scene using only polygon lights.
Unit CR3: Lighting, introduces you to Cinema 4D lights, you will learn various lighting techniques.
Unit CT1: Introduction to UV Mapping, introduces you to UVs, the UV Manager, and UV Projection techniques.
Unit CT2: Material Presets, introduces you to some of the material presets available in Cinema 4D. You will learn how to create these presets from scratch.
Unit CT3: Creating Materials, covers the material creation process. You will learn how to create various materials. In addition, you will learn about the reflectance model of Cinema 4D.
Unit CT4: Node-Based Materials, covers the new node-based system introduced in R20. You will learn about various nodes and how to use them to create node graphs.
Unit CRA: Quiz Answers [Rendering], contains quiz answers.
Unit CRT: Quiz Answers [Texturing], contains quiz answers.
Is the book available in other languages?
Not yet, if you are interested in translating this book, contact us.
Is the MAXON Cinema 4D R20: A Detailed Guide to Texturing, Lighting, and Rendering book is available in the digital format?
Yes, see “Purchase Options” at the end of this page.
Can I reuse the Cinema 4D files provided by you?
Absolutely, you are free to modify and use the files.
Still have questions?
No problem, contact us, we are more than ready to provide answers to your questions.
We sell our books using multiple platforms. Don’t you have access to the resources/electronic files? Click here and submit your request.
- Individual Orders
- College Bookstores: Contact us directly and get up to a 30% discount on bulk orders.
- High Schools: High schools can now purchase textbooks directly from Padexi Academy by contacting us.
- Students: Our textbooks for course use are generally available through your college bookstore.