3ds Max 2019 Book – Autodesk 3ds Max 2019: Arnold Essentials
Book Code: PDX008P
The Autodesk 3ds Max 2019: Arnold Essentials book walks you through every step of rendering projects using Arnold for 3ds Max. This guide is perfect for both novices and those moving from other software to 3ds Max. This book will help you to get started with Arnold for 3ds Max, you will learn important concepts and techniques about rendering which you can utilize to create beautiful renders.
This book shares tips, tricks, notes, and cautions throughout, that will help you become a better 3ds Max rendering artist and you will be able to speed up your workflow. This book is aimed to be a solid teaching resource for learning Arnold for 3ds Max. It avoids any jargon and explains concepts and techniques in an easy-to-understand manner. The first page of the every unit summarizes the topics that will be covered in the unit. Hands-on exercises in this book instruct users how things can be done in Arnold for 3ds Max step-by-step.
Practicing is one of the best ways to improve skills. This book contains practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete and gain confidence for real-world projects. By completing these activities, you will be able to master the powerful capabilities of Arnold for 3ds Max. By the time you’re done, you’ll be ready to render any scene in 3ds Max using the Arnold renderer.
What are the key features of the book?
- You will learn what is Arnold and how it is different from other renderers.
- Arnold lights and light filters covered.
- The Fog and Atmospheric Volume shaders covered.
- The Standard Surface shader covered.
- Detailed coverage of tools and features.
- Contains 12 hands-on exercises.
- Contains practice activities to test the knowledge gained.
- Additional guidance is provided in the form of tips, notes, and cautions.
- Important terms are in bold face so that you never miss them.
- The content under “What just happened?” heading explains the working of the instructions.
- The content under “What next?” heading tells you about the procedure you will follow after completing a step(s).
- Tech support from the author.
- Access to each exercise’s initial and final states along with the resources used in hands-on exercises.
- Quiz to assess the knowledge.
Who this book is for?
This book is designed for beginners.
What are the prerequisites?
Before jumping into the lessons of this book, make sure you have working knowledge of your computer and its operating system. Also, make sure that your that you have installed the required software and hardware. You need to install 3ds Max 2019 on your system. Most of the hands-on exercises will work in 2017 and 2018 versions as well.
How this book is structured?
This book is divided into following units:
Unit A1: Introduction to Arnold, introduces you to the Arnold renderer. You will also learn about the sampling and ray depth settings.
Unit A2: Arnold Lights, introduces you to Arnold Lights, Light Filters, Fog Shader, and Atmospheric Volume shader.
Unit A3: Arnold Shaders and Materials, explains Arnold materials and shaders.
Unit PA: Practice Activities, contains practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete.
Appendix AA: Quiz Answers, contains quiz answers.
Is the book available in other languages?
Not yet, if you are interested in translating this book, contact us.
Is this book is available in the print format?
No, this book is only available in the digital edition.
Can I reuse the 3ds Max files provided by you?
Absolutely, you are free to modify and use the files.
Are you going to make the book available in any other format?
It was always our plan to make a decent content of the book publicly available in HTML format, but we haven’t made that decision yet. If you feel strongly about this option, or book being available in any other format, let us know.
Why buy directly from us?
If you buy directly from us, you will get the following benefits:
- You will be able to download as many copies of the book as you want in the EPUB, MOBI, and AZW3 formats. This gives you liberty to read the eBook on your computer, phone, tablet, or on the Kindle device.
- No DRM used.
- You will get an update when authors fix any minor or major issue in the book at any point in time.
- You will always have access to the latest updated which is not possible with the printed book.
- Technical support directly from author.
- All updated resources available with few clicks.
- The online selling platforms take a big chunk of money of the list price. Therefore, if you buy directly from us, it will encourage us to write more quality books.
What is your return policy?
No returns are allowed, keep in mind that we don’t get book [No DRM used] back from you after returning your money. It’s a bit leap of faith on your part, buying the book with the hope/assumption that it will be worth. If you are still unsure and skeptical, and ready to sacrifice the benefits you will get by buying directly from us then we encourage you to buy it from Amazon or any other platform.
Still have questions?
No problem, contact us, we are more than ready to provide answers to your questions.
Click here to know about offer codes.