3ds Max Book: Autodesk 3ds Max 2020: Modeling Essentials
Book Code: PDX015P, ISBN: 978-1094808482
The Autodesk 3ds Max 2019: Modeling Essentials, 2nd Edition textbook walks you through every step of creating 3D models with 3ds Max 2020. This guide is perfect for both novices and those moving from other software to 3ds Max. This book will help you to get started with modeling in 3ds Max, you will learn important concepts and techniques about 3D modeling which you can utilize to create hard-surfaced objects for your projects.
Using a structured and pragmatic approach, this guide begins with basics of modeling, then builds on this knowledge using practical examples to enhance your modeling skills. Each unit builds on the knowledge gained in the previous unit, showing you all the essentials of modeling with 3ds Max 2020. As you go from hands-on exercise to hands-on exercise, you’ll develop a strong arsenal of skills that combined will form a complete end to end process to create high quality models using 3ds Max 2020.
This book shares tips, tricks, notes, and cautions throughout, that will help you becomea better 3ds Max artist and you will be able to speed up your workflow. This book is aimed to be a solid teaching resource for learning 3ds Max. It avoids any jargon and explains concepts and techniques in an easy-to-understand manner. The first page of the every unit summarizes the topics that will be covered in the unit. Hands-on exercises in this book instruct users how things can be done in 3ds Max step-by-step.
What are the key features of the book?
- Covers 3ds Max’s updated user interface, navigation, tools, functions, and commands.
- Explains the polygon, subdivision, and spline modeling techniques.
- Covers all modifiers.
- Detailed coverage of tools and features.
- Features 34 hands-on exercises – complete with before and after files.
- Features 8 practice activities to test the knowledge gained.
- Additional guidance is provided in the form of tips, notes, and cautions.
- Important terms are in bold face so that you never miss them.
- The content under “What just happened?” heading explains the working of the instructions.
- The content under “What next?” heading tells you about the procedure you will follow after completing a step(s).
- Includes an ePub file that contains the color images of the screenshots/illustrations used in the textbook. These color images will help you in the learning process. This ePub file is included with the resources.
- Tech support from the author.
- Access to each exercise’s initial and final states along with the resources used in hands-on exercises.
- Quiz to assess the knowledge.
- Bonus hands-on exercises.
Who this book is for?
- Beginners and intermediate users of 3ds Max
- Digital artists
- Motion graphics artists
- Indie game developers
- And anyone who wants to learn 3ds Max
What are the prerequisites?
- Before you start this book, you should have 3ds Max 2020 installed on your system
- You should have the desire to learn
- Willingness to be awesome
What you will learn?
- Polygon, subdivision, and spline modeling techniques
- Edit geometry using modifiers
- Speedup your workflow
- Create cool looking models
How This Book Is Structured?
This book is divided into following units:
Unit DM1: Introduction to 3ds Max -I, introduces the 3ds Max interface as well as the tools that allow you to transform objects in the viewport.
Unit DM2: Introduction to 3ds Max -II, covers the tools and procedures that will help you immensely during the modeling process. You will know about various explorers as well as various precision tools that 3ds Max offers.
Unit DM3: Geometric Primitives and Architectural Objects, explains Standard and Extended primitives and how you can use them to create some basic models. This unit also covers the AEC objects.
Unit DM4: Polygon Modeling, introduces you to the polygon modeling tools, concepts, and techniques. This chapter talks about polygons components, selection tools, polygons structure tools, and modeling objects.
Unit DM5: Graphite Modeling Tools, describes the tools available in the Ribbon interface and how you can use them to improve your modeling workflow.
Unit DM6: Spline Modeling, introduces you to the spline modeling tools, concepts, and techniques.
Unit DM7: Modifiers, walks you through the various modifiers available in 3ds Max that you can use to sculpt or edit the objects without changing its base structure.
Unit DMB: Bonus Hands-on Exercises [Modeling], contains bonus hands-on exercises.
Unit DMP: Practice Activities [Modeling], contains some practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete.
Appendix DMA: Quiz Answers [Modeling], contains quiz answers.
Is the book available in other languages?
Not yet, if you are interested in translating this book, contact us.
Is this book is available in the digital format?
Yes, click here for details.
Can I reuse the 3ds Max files provided by you?
Absolutely, you are free to modify and use the files.
Are you going to make the book available in any other format?
It was always our plan to make a decent content of the book publicly available in HTML format, but we haven’t made that decision yet. If you feel strongly about this option, or book being available in any other format, let us know.
Still have questions?
No problem, contact us, we are more than ready to provide answers to your questions.