Cinema 4D/3ds Max Book – Cinema 4D R20 and Autodesk 3ds Max 2019: Modeling Essentials
Book Code: PDX011P, ISBN: 978-1791909406
3D modeling is the foundation for every aspect of 3D production pipeline. Having a sound knowledge of 3D modeling is essential for the success of any 3D artist in the CG industry. The MAXON Cinema 4D R20 and Autodesk 3ds Max 2019: Modeling Essentials textbook walks you through every step of creating 3D models with Cinema 4D R20 and 3ds Max 2019. This book is divided in two parts, part 1 deals with modeling techniques in CINEMA 4D whereas part 2 deals with 3ds Max modeling techniques.
This guide is perfect for both novices and those moving from other software to Cinema 4D or 3ds Max. This book will help you to get started with modeling in Cinema 4D and 3ds Max, you will learn important concepts and techniques about 3D modeling which you can utilize to create hard-surfaced objects for your projects. This book also covers Cinema 4D’s OpenVDB-based Volume Builder and Volume Mesher functions that allow you to create complex models by adding and subtracting basic shapes in boolean-type operations.
This book shares tips, tricks, notes, and cautions throughout, that will help you become a better 3D artist and you will be able to speed up your workflow. This book is aimed to be a solid teaching resource for learning modeling with Cinema 4D R20/3ds Max 2019. It avoids any jargon and explains concepts and techniques in an easy-to-understand manner. The first page of the every unit summarizes the topics that will be covered in the unit. Hands-on exercises in this book instruct users how things can be done in Cinema 4D R20/3ds Max 2019 step-by-step.
Practicing is one of the best ways to improve skills. This book contains practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete and gain confidence for real-world projects. By completing these activities, you will be able to master the powerful capabilities Cinema 4D. By the time you’re done, you’ll be ready to create hard-surface models in Cinema 4D.
What are the key features of the book?
- Learn Cinema 4D’s/3ds Max’s updated user interface, navigation, tools, functions, and commands.
- Covers all the basics as well as advanced topics using easy to follow, hands-on exercises.
- Covers polygon, subdivision, volumetric, and spline modeling techniques.
- Detailed coverage of tools and features.
- Features more than 64 hands-on exercises – complete with before and after files.
- Contains 33 practice activities to test the knowledge gained.
- Additional guidance is provided in the form of tips, notes, and cautions.
- Important terms are in bold face so that you never miss them.
- The content under “What just happened?” heading explains the working of the instructions.
- The content under “What next?” heading tells you about the procedure you will follow after completing a step(s).
- Includes an ePub file that contains the color images of the screenshots/illustrations used in the textbook. These color images will help you in the learning process. This ePub file is included with the resources.
- Tech support from the author.
- Access to each exercise’s initial and final states along with the resources used in hands-on exercises.
- Quiz to assess the knowledge.
Who this book is for?
This book is designed for beginners.
What are the prerequisites?
Before jumping into the units of this book, make sure you have working knowledge of your computer and its operating system. Also, make sure that your that you have installed the required software and hardware. You need to install 3ds Max 2019 and Cinema 4D R20 Studio on your system.
How this book is structured?
This book is divided into following units:
Unit CM1: Introduction to Cinema 4D R20, introduces you to Cinema 4D interface and primitive objects available in the Object command group. You will learn about Cinema 4D unit system, coordinate system, interface elements, and how to customize the interface. You will also create models using primitives.
Unit CM2: Tools of the Trade, walks you through some of the important tools that you will use in the modeling process. These tools are used to create guides in the editor view, interactively placing lights and adjusting their attributes in the scene, measure angles and distances, arrange/duplicate/randomize objects, correct lens distortions, and create virtual walkthroughs.
Unit CM3: Spline Modeling, introduces you to the spline modeling tools, concept, and techniques.
Unit CM4: Polygon Modeling, introduces you to the polygon modeling tools, concepts, and techniques. This unit talks about polygons components, selection tools, polygons structure tools, modeling objects, and deformers.
Unit CMB: Bonus Hands-on Exercises, contains bonus hands-on exercises.
Unit CMP: Practice Activities [Modeling], contains practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete.
Unit CV1: Volumes – I, covers the Volume Builder and Volume Mesher functions. You will learn how to quickly create 3D models with ease using boolean operations with voxels.
Unit CV2: Volumes – II, covers volume filters, volume group, and the Volume Loader object.
Unit CVP: Practice Activities [Volumes], contains practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete.
Unit DM1: Introduction to 3ds Max -I, introduces the 3ds Max interface as well as the tools that allow you to transform objects in the viewport.
Unit DM2: Introduction to 3ds Max -II, covers the tools and procedures that will help you immensely during the modeling process. You will know about various explorers as well as various precision tools that 3ds Max offers.
Unit DM3: Geometric Primitives and Architectural Objects, explains Standard and Extended primitives and how you can use them to create some basic models. This unit also covers the AEC objects.
Unit DM4: Polygon Modeling, introduces you to the polygon modeling tools, concepts, and techniques. This chapter talks about polygons components, selection tools, polygons structure tools, and modeling objects.
Unit DM5: Graphite Modeling Tools, describes the tools available in the Ribbon interface and how you can use them to improve your modeling workflow.
Unit DM6: Spline Modeling, introduces you to the spline modeling tools, concepts, and techniques.
Unit DM7: Modifiers, walks you through the various modifiers available in 3ds Max that you can use to sculpt or edit the objects without changing its base structure.
Unit DMB: Bonus Hands-on Exercises, contains bonus hands-on exercises.
Unit DMP: Practice Activities, contains some practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete.
Is the book available in other languages?
Not yet, if you are interested in translating this book, contact us.
Is this book is available in the print format?
Yes, this book is available in the print format. Click here for details.
Can I reuse the Cinema 4D/3ds Max files provided by you?
Absolutely, you are free to modify and use the files.
Are you going to make the book available in any other format?
It was always our plan to make a decent content of the book publicly available in HTML format, but we haven’t made that decision yet. If you feel strongly about this option, or book being available in any other format, let us know.
Why buy directly from us?
If you buy directly from us, you will get the following benefits:
- You will be able to download as many copies of the book as you want in the EPUB, MOBI, and AZW3 formats. This gives you liberty to read the eBook on your computer, phone, tablet, or on the Kindle device.
- No DRM used.
- You will get an update when authors fix any minor or major issue in the book at any point in time.
- You will always have access to the latest updated which is not possible with the printed book.
- Technical support directly from author.
- All updated resources available with few clicks.
- The online selling platforms take a big chunk of money of the list price. Therefore, if you buy directly from us, it will encourage us to write more quality books.
What is your return policy?
No returns are allowed, keep in mind that we don’t get book [No DRM used] back from you after returning your money. It’s a bit leap of faith on your part, buying the book with the hope/assumption that it will be worth. If you are still unsure and skeptical, and ready to sacrifice the benefits you will get by buying directly from us then we encourage you to buy it from Amazon or any other platform.
Still have questions?
No problem, contact us, we are more than ready to provide answers to your questions.
Click here to know about offer codes.