CINEMA 4D Book: Exploring 3D Modeling with CINEMA 4D R19 – A Beginner’s Guide
Book Code: PDX004P, ISBN: 978-1718701939
The Exploring 3D Modeling with CINEMA 4D R19 – A Beginner’s Guide textbook walks you through every step of creating 3D models with CINEMA 4D R19. This guide is perfect for both novices and those moving from other software to CINEMA 4D. This book will help you to get started with modeling in CINEMA 4D, you will learn important concepts and techniques about 3D modeling which you can utilize to create hard-surfaced objects for your projects. This book shares tips, tricks, notes, and cautions throughout, that will help you become a better 3D modeler and you will be able to speed up your workflow.
The first page of the every chapter summarizes the topics that will be covered in the chapter. Every chapter of this textbook contains tutorials which instruct users how things can be done in CINEMA 4D step-by-step. Practicing is one of the best ways to improve skills. Each chapter of this textbook ends with some practice activities which you are highly encouraged to complete and gain confidence for the real-world projects. By completing these activities, you will be able to master the powerful capabilities of CINEMA 4D.
Although, this book is designed for beginners, it is aimed to be a solid teaching resource for 3D modeling. It avoids any jargon and explains concepts and techniques in an easy-to-understand manner. By the time you’re done, you’ll be ready to create hard-surfaced models for your 3D projects.
What are the key features of the book?
- Learn CINEMA 4D’s updated user interface, navigation, tools, functions, and commands.
- Polygon, subdivision, and spline modeling techniques covered.
- Detailed coverage of tools and features.
- Contains 24 standalone tutorials.
- Contains 14 practice activities to test the knowledge gained.
- Additional guidance is provided in form of tips, notes, and cautions.
- Important terms are in bold face so that you never miss them.
- The content under “What just happened?” heading explains the working of the instructions.
- The content under “What next?” heading tells you about the procedure you will follow after completing a step(s).
- Includes an ePub file that contains the color images of the screenshots/illustrations used in the textbook. These color images will help you in the learning process. This ePub file is included with the resources.
- Tech support from the author.
- Access to each tutorial’s initial and final states along with the resources used in the tutorials.
- Quiz to assess the knowledge.
- Bonus tutorials.
Who this book is for?
This book is designed for beginners.
What are the prerequisites?
Before jumping into the lessons of this book, make sure you have working knowledge of your computer and its operating system. Also, make sure that your that you have installed the required software and hardware. You need to install CINEMA 4D R19 on your system. Most of the tutorials will work in R17 and R18 as well.
Windows vs. Mac OS
This book is written using the Windows version of the CINEMA 4D. In most cases, CINEMA 4D performs identically on both Windows and Mac OS. Minor differences exist between the two versions such as difference in keyboard shortcuts, how dialog boxes/windows are displayed, and how buttons are named.
How This Book Is Structured?
This book is divided into following chapters:
Chapter M1: Introduction to CINEMA 4D R19, introduces you to CINEMA 4D interface and primitive objects available in the Object command group. You will learn about CINEMA 4D unit system, coordinate system, interface elements, and how to customize the interface. You will also create models using primitives.
Chapter M2: Tools of the Trade, walks you through some of the important tools that you will use in the modeling process. These tools are used to create guides in the editor view, interactively placing lights and adjusting their attributes in the scene, measure angles and distances, arrange/duplicate/randomize objects, correct lens distortions, and create virtual walkthroughs.
Chapter M3: Spline Modeling, introduces you to the spline modeling tools, concept, and techniques.
Chapter M4: Polygon Modeling, introduces you to the polygon modeling tools, concepts, and techniques. This chapter talks about polygons components, selection tools, polygons structure tools, modeling objects, and deformers.
Chapter M5: Bonus Tutorials, contains bonus tutorials.
Is the book available in other languages?
Not yet, if you are interested in translating this book, contact us.
Is this book is available in the print format?
Yes, this book is available in the print format. Click here for more details.
Can I reuse the CINEMA 4D files provided by you?
Absolutely, you are free to modify and use the files.
Are you going to make the book available in any other format?
It was always our plan to make a decent content of the book publicly available in HTML format, but we haven’t made that decision yet. However, some of the tutorials from the book are available for free on the website in the HTML format. If you feel strongly about this option, or book being available in any other format, let us know.
Why buy directly from us?
If you buy directly from us, you will get the following benefits:
- You will be able to download as many copies of the book as you want in the EPUB, MOBI, and AZW3 formats.
- You will get an update when authors fix any minor or major issue in the book at any point in time.
- You will always have access to the latest updated which is not possible with the printed book.
- Technical support directly from author.
- All updated resources available with few clicks.
- The online selling platforms take a big chunk of money of the list price. Therefore, if you buy directly from us, it will encourage us to write more quality books.
What is your return policy?
No returns are allowed, keep in mind that we don’t get book back from you after returning your money. It’s a bit leap of faith on your part, buying the book with the hope/assumption that it will be worth. If you are still unsure and skeptical, and ready to sacrifice the benefits you will get by buying directly from us then we encourage you to buy it from Amazon or any other platform.
Still have questions?
No problem, contact us, we are more than ready to provide answers to your questions.
Click here to know about offer codes.